My mom is amazing. Sure, she makes me crazy sometimes, but she is a driving force in my life, and I am proud to call her my mother. Here are 10 reasons (in no particular order) why she inspires me everyday:
1. She taught me how to be a mother. She has taught me what it means to be a mother, and still shows me what it looks like to be a good one, 36 years later.
2. My mom
was is an entrepreneur. She started a catering business when I was 8 months old and it was a huge success. She is very business-minded, and I wish that I had more of that side of her in me. Her business has been closed for many years, but people still are asking her to re-open, she was the best around.
3. My mom made holidays and birthdays a very big deal. She made these things feel so special, and we felt so loved. I have continued many of the traditions that she started with us, and I hope that my kids love them as much as I did.
4. She has had a tough year. Really tough. And through it all, she has shown everyone how much bounce factor she has. Not to mention how strong she is.
5. She taught me how to cook and what good food is all about. We never ate crap at our house, and we had dinner together every night. I didn’t know how lucky I was until I became a mother and now know how hard that is.
6. My mom is ever-changing. As she gets older, she seems more sure of herself, and willing to try new things. More so than ever before. She is embracing life, making new friends, and experiencing things that she surely would not have a few years ago. And she has no idea how proud I am of her for this.
7. I would like to think that my artistic side came from her. Sister can make anything look beautiful. Her house, food, flowers, anything. She also makes it look effortless.
8. She knows just when to let you cry and feel sorry for yourself, and the exact moment when you need to get over it and pull yourself out from the funk that you are in.
9. She is hysterically funny. She makes me laugh all the time, and you never know what is going to come out of her mouth.
10. My children love her. She is such a good grandmother. I have such a wonderful relationship with my grandmothers, and I think that my children are going to be just as lucky.
Happy Mother’s Day Mom! I love you and hope that you know just how much.