With only one day left in 2013, it is fun to take a look back and see what was popular during the year. I am sometimes surprised which recipes do as well as they do, and when some that I think are amazing don’t get a lot of attention. So today I am showcasing the most popular of the year, and later this week, I will share my personal favorites.
1. First up, Almond Breeze Vegan Rice Pudding, just because it is dairy-free, doesn’t mean that it is not as rich and creamy as the original. Healthy enough for breakfast and decedent enough for dessert.
2. Not a surprise here, Chocolate Chip Layer Cake. This cake is a recreation of a cake that I used to eat as a kid. This is a pound cake, so it is not a light and fluffy cake, and I love it.
3. Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup – This creamy soup is perfect for a chilly winter night. Hearty, with just a little bit of spice.
4. Bacon Jam – I know that it sounds crazy, but Bacon Jam is worth giving a try. It is sweet and smoky, and complex. Smear some on a hamburger, or on some cheese and crackers.
5. Hard Boiled Eggs 3 Ways – I play scientist and experiment on the best method for hard boiling eggs. You’ll have to read to find out which method wins.
6. Rhubarb Fizz Cocktails – This cocktail showcases the misunderstood rhubarb. It is perfect for a hot summer day, Mother’s Day, or a shower.
7. Chia Seed Pudding with Mango and Blueberries – Chia seeds are full of healthy Omega 3′s and protein. The best part, you make this the night before and it is a grab and go breakfast.
8. Baked Tacos – Baking tacos makes taco night a much easier undertaking. Less mess and just as much fun. I love how crunchy the shells get and you make these a million different ways.
9. Super Clean Turkey Meatballs – These meatballs are super healthy, and you would never know it. Flavorful and light. Also in this post is a list of all of my favorite healthy living bloggers. A great resource if you are looking to clean up your diet in the new year.
10. Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp – Probably the recipe that I made most often in 2013. During the summer, I made this at least twice a week. So good, so healthy, and so easy to make. I ate this for breakfast many a time in 2013.