cinnamon bun pancake recipe
When two people tell you that these are the best pancakes they have ever eaten, then you know that they are good.  These pancakes are exactly what you want when you are craving a cinnamon bun but do not have the time to make them.  These are sweet, cinnamony and fluffy.  To make something delicious over the top, instead of maple syrup (which is also delicious), top them with cinnamon bun icing.  Nothing short of amazing.

This recipe is indeed a treat, but it is also a great recipe to try experimenting with whole wheat flours.  The pancake itself is already dark because of all of the cinnamon.  If you have children that are put off by things that do not look the same all the time try making this with with a small amount of whole wheat flour and gradually increase the amount.  They will never suspect a thing.

*adapted from this recipe from Tasty Kitchen*

cinnamon pancake recipe1 1/2 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla

pancake recipePut all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.

pancake recipeWhisk the dry ingredients together.

cinnamon bun pancake recipeAdd the wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined.

pancake recipesPreheat a griddle or large saute pan over medium heat.  Cook until brown on both sides.

cinnamon bun pancake recipe
They are delicious just like this but even better with this.

cinnamon bun pancake recipe

To make the frosting:

1 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons milk

Whisk the ingredients together until smooth and a pouring consistency.  If too thick add more milk, if too thin, add more sugar.

These pancakes are the perfect way to start a day.  Make some and share them with someone you love.

cinnamon bun pancake recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

139 Responses to Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

1. MarkSpizer says:

great post as usual!

2. Cerra says:

How do you think they recipe would hold up without the maple syrup?

• bakedbree says:

I think that they will hold up just fine. I think that the syrup is just for flavor. The original recipe calls for corn syrup but I substituted syrup instead.

3. Amy says:

I am definitely making these next weekend!

4. kristin Faulkner says:

Oooo…I’m gonna have to try this one! Looks fabulously yummy!

5. corey grundel says:

Oh my. This looks way better than the oatmeal I had today. Simply delish! I must make these soon. Your photos are simply beautiful!

6. mrs ptb says:

These were soooooo good :) I wanted cinnamon rolls so this was the PERFECT recipe to find this morning (oops. afternoon).

7. Deanna says:

I’ve been on a pancake kick lately. These are up next!

8. Memoria says:

I’ve seen these pancakes. I keep meaning to make them, but they seem so intense for just one person. I’ll wait until my “stepkids” are around.

9. Becky Schuett says:

Oh My Goodness! I believe I have just fainted! I think this is what my dreams are made of!
    I may try them one day………when I lose 15 pounds… I only need to lose 10 but if I try these, I will need the extra wiggle room!

10. Oh wow, these look amazing and so much better than actually cinnamon buns because I can probably eat a lot more pancakes than buns.

I’ll have ten pancakes and a gallon of the frosting please! 😀

11. Kerri says:

Just wondering how many people the recipe will serve, I want to try these out on a camping trip this month! They look delicious.

12. Chris says:

I didn’t eat breakfast this morning and was Stumbling around on the internet when I came to this page. I had to stop, get up and make them right then and there! Thanks! They were delicious. I omitted the maple syrup because I didn’t have any on hand and cooked them on high for a bit of a crunchier edge. I didn’t make the frosting but had used just a few drops of faux syrup for the sweetness. I love the taste of cinnamon soo much that I didn’t want to over due it with the sweets. I use to eat cinnamon stixs as a kid! Thanks again for breakfast!

• bakedbree says:

I am glad that you liked them. They are pretty popular here at our house. I hope that you continue to read!

13. drawingofmuhammad says:

You’re gonna wanna add some cream cheese, vanilla, and lemon to the frosting.

• bakedbree says:

I bet that would taste great, but the cream cheese would make it really thick, it needs to be a pouring consistency like a syrup.

14. Healthhere says:

Looks fabulously yummy

15. Jess says:

Tried these this morning. They are AMAZING. I was short on the maple syrup so the batter was a little thick, but I think they were just fine. I think the maple syrup would’ve put the sweetness over the top. Awesome recipe.

16. Richard says:

These look fantastic! I will give them a try next weekend. Do you mind if I put this recipe on my website and link it back to you!
    Thanks

17. grace says:

just so you know, you’re solely responsible for the fierce growling that seems to be coming from my stomach area right now. these are AWESOME.

18. jennifer says:

I made them and they are the yumminess. I am never going to make normal pancakes again! thanks!

19. Melissa says:

Hi Bree! My name is Melissa. Anyway, today I was craving something sweet, but I also wanted pancakes, and then I remembered your recipe! (I found it on StumbleUpon) I didn’t have enough flour, so I wound up having to use pancake mix (*sigh*), but even though I did that, they were so, so, SO good!! My little brother and mom absolutely loved them! It’s definitely something I’ll make again!

20. Frank Timis says:

am on the diet, I shall not look at sucha things!! :)

21. SK says:

Nothing like fresh pancakes on a lazy weekend.
    Those look amazing!~!

22. Lisa says:

Oh my…I just made these last Sat. morning but because of Celiac we need to be gluten free so I made them with GF free flour…and they turned out wonderfully. So good, thanks for sharing and your photography is beautiful.

23. I can believe that these are the best pancakes ever. Not only do the flavors sound wonderful, but they also look so light and fluffy.

24. Vivien says:

These are certainliy the BEST pancakes I’ve ever eaten!! EVER! Soooooo good! I’m making them right now and I’m soooo happy, I just HAD to come here imediately to tell everyone: try them!! NOW!!

25. Who wouldn’t love these! Around here we would easily go all whole wheat…no problem!

26. Rick says:

This was the best thing stumbleupon has brought me to.

bittersweetsugarandsarcasm.blogspot.com

• bakedbree says:

That is the nicest compliment I have ever gotten about my little blog! Thank you very much and I hope that you will keep reading.

27. Joe says:

We had these again this morning – they were a hit. Especially good w/ rasberries and blueberries on top.

28. Pancakes are one of my daughters’ favorite foods. I bookmarked these yummy looking treats to make for them next Sunday…thanks for sharing :)

29. JRandAJsMom says:

Just tried your chocolate chip pancakes and they were wonderful! Can’t wait to try these ones too– They look amazing!!!

30. Kimberly says:

I made these for my daughter’s seventh birthday breakfast, which ironically enough, was the day after the comment was made about the cream cheese. I didn’t see the comment but went ahead and warmed some cream cheese in the microwave and added it to the syrup. I adjusted the other ingredients to achieve the proper consistency and it was way more delish than just butter, milk, and cream cheese. Thanks for the idea!

31. Steve Smolinski says:

Found these and have made them 4 times in 3 weeks, they’re a go-to delicious weekend desert/breakfast. The icing is all too much, but all so necessary. If you are looking for a guilt free breakfast cake look elsewhere or plan on spending a couple hours at the gym or in a confessional. Something this good can’t be right.

32. Anna W says:

These are DEFINITELY some of the best pancakes I have ever eaten. Light, flavorful, and super duper delicious. My boyfriend now begs me to make them all the time- it’s definitely a new favorite in our house :)

33. Carrie says:

These are so good! I just made them today for Matthew’s first birthday. They were perfect!

34. Sutardja says:

Hey, I tried out this recipe with some friends, but there was a definite burnt taste to them, while the pancakes themselves were definitely not burnt. We think it may have been the cinnamon, any idea what might be behind it?

35. christel says:

yummy

36. Jennifer says:

Oh my goodness. Pancake bliss! :)

37. Aimee says:

Wow! These are wonderful! I got lots of hugs from my three sons after making these!!!! Next time I need a some extra hugs, I’ll make these again!!

38. Heather says:

Oh, holy crap. I need these in my life.

39. Jeannine Q says:

I made these tonight and I am hooked. These are going to be made constantly around here. YUM!

40. Bree says:

Hi :) I’m fourteen and LOVE pancakes. I was originally looking for something tasty to add to mix, but when I saw them, I just HAD to make these. There aren’t even words to describe how GOOD these are!!!! I don’t know if I’ll ever eat regular pancakes again! Next time I might have to double the icing, because I like to eat it just by its self!
    Thanks for the recipe (:

41. Laura says:

Wow…. I cannot wait to try these! They look absolutely delicious and there is no doubt in my mind that they’ll probably be the best pancakes I’ve ever had… Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!

42. Becca Jones says:

The whole family LOVED it! Thanks so much!

43. Erin A says:

This looks delicious! I made something similar this morning…a Cinnamon ROLL Pancake…swirled some cinnamon roll filling on each pancake as it was cooking….the cinnamon and sugar gets a bit crispy and gooey…topped it off with cream cheese cinnamon roll icing (all from scratch). GOOD STUFF! Try it! I’d like to try your take on it! :) YUMM!

44. Jason says:

Those look freaking delicious. Thanks.

• bakedbree says:

they are freaking delicious. You are welcome.

• Rose Tyler says:

Thank you so much! these were really really good. I made these for my family and my brother who is an incredibly picky eater( he won’t even eat ketchup!) was the first one done. Thanks again!

45. Sonya says:

I made a gluten free version of these this week-end and they were great. I posted about the slight modifications I made on my blog. Thanks for the recipe. My husband has celiac disease and is missing some of the wheat products that are difficult to replicate. These gave him a taste of cinnamon buns, but without the gluten to hold cinnamon rolls together. Thanks.

• bakedbree says:

This makes me so happy. I get a request for a GF version of these all the time. Now I know where to send my readers! Thank you!!!

46. Tarrah Dame says:

I made these a while back and they are my new favorite breakfast…seriously amazing. I made them whole wheat and they still turned out great. I linked you here :)

47. meg brothers says:

AH-MAZING! these made for a very fun Fathers Day dinner for my husband/soon-to-be father (any day now!) and have made it to the top of our list for new favorite dinner/breakfast treats.

• bakedbree says:

Congratulations! I do not envy you in the last days of pregnancy. Those were always the worst for me.

48. ashley says:

i made this as originally posted and loved it, then made some changes. i made regular pancakes (and waffles) and then added cinnamon to the icing. yum!

49. Sue says:

Best… pancake… recipe….EVER (and I’ve made some good ones). Now a household fave.

50. Nádya says:

Ohhhh, my dear!!!!! These are DE-LI-CIOUSSSSSSSSS!!!!! This morning I made them, substituted maple syrup with honey, and the result was A+!!! That cinnamon aroma in all the house mmmmmm…it is quite quickly and sooooo yummmmmmmyyyy…
    Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe!!!
    Blessings,