Now that the weather is getting warmer, all I want is fresh salads and fruits and vegetables. Isn’t it funny how that happens as soon as we say goodbye to winter? This simple fruit salad is beautiful, refreshing, and so easy to make. I like a fruit salad, but I think that they can be a little boring, so made a really easy dressing to toss the fruit in. Citrus juice, honey, and fresh mint is not earth shattering, but so crisp and clean when tossed with fruit. A little pinch of sea salt would be great in this too. I had some leftover fruit salad, so I turned it into a smoothie. In all honesty, it was best smoothie I have ever had.
I was flattered to be asked to participate in the Pampered Chef Help Whip Cancer campaign again this year. Every year Pampered Chef turns a few of their products pink and makes them available during May and October. For each pink product purchased they donate $1 to the American Cancer Society. During the month of May you can also host a Fundraiser Cooking Show and 25 percent of the proceeds will go to the ACS. Since the campaign’s beginning in 2000, Consultants and customers have raised more than $10.2 million to Help Whip Cancer. These funds go to early detection programs and breast cancer education across the country. With so many friends, family members, and loved ones being diagnosed each day, I am happy to spread the word on this great program.
Put the fruit salad, almond milk, and a little extra honey in the blender. Let it run until smooth. Add a Tablespoon or two of coconut oil at the end. Pour into jars. These are headed to my freezer for breakfast tomorrow.
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 oranges
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoons fresh mint
- Leftover fruit salad
- Almond milk
- coconut oil
- Rinse berries under cold water. Drain. Slice strawberries.
- Segment two oranges. Start by removing the top and bottom of the orange. Remove the peel and pith from the orange by cutting it off starting at the top and working your knife down the sides of the orange. I like to go back and clean it up with a paring knife. Cut in between the membranes, and remove the flesh of the orange.
- Add the fruit to a large bowl. Add the zest from half an orange, the lemon, and the lime. In a small bowl, add citrus juices. Whisk in honey and mint. Pour the dressing over the fruit. Pour the dressing over the fruit. Pour the dressing over the fruit. Give a gentle toss. Be careful, or you will crush all of your raspberries. Garnish with more mint.
- For the smoothie - Put the fruit salad, almond milk, and a little extra honey in the blender. Let it run until smooth. Add a Tablespoon or two of coconut oil at the end. Pour into jars. These are headed to my freezer for breakfast tomorrow.
**I have been selected by The Pampered Chef to be an ambassador for their Help Whip Cancer® program. While I have received product in exchange for my post, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments.**