Today is Memorial Day. I hope that you have had your fill of hamburgers and hot dogs, and that you had a glorious weekend with friends and family. I know that I have. Friday was the last day of school for William and Ava and we celebrated with an ice cream and water balloon party for the neighborhood, it was so much fun. I think that it will become an annual event. We are at the point that we are starting to say our goodbyes. Last night we went out with friends and had one last hurrah before we head out. The rest of the weekend was spent catching up on life a bit before we start packing up. We are thrilled to be moving, but saying goodbye is never easy.
Let’s talk about cupcakes, shall we? More specifically my coconut lime cupcakes. I have made these 3 times in the last month, they are that good. When I take a bite, I am magically transported to a tropical island, where I am holding a fruity drink with a little umbrella in it, and slathered in coconut-scented suntan lotion. It doesn’t get much better than that does it?
Reynolds asked me to create a spring inspired cupcake for them and I jumped at the chance. I use Reynolds products all the time, and I am really loving their new Reynolds® Baked for You® StayBrite® Baking Cups. I love to use colored cupcake liners, and have quite a collection. The problem is that when you bake in them, the color fades. Not with these, look how bright and beautiful these turned out. Even better, they are foil on the inside, so the cupcake comes right out. I am going to snatch up every color and pattern that Reynolds makes, because I am in love.
1/2 stick butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons coconut extract
toasted coconut for garnish
This is how I toast my coconut, start by lining a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Spread your coconut out in a thin layer. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Let cool.
Divide the batter evenly among 24 Reynolds® Baked for You® StayBrite® Baking Cups.
So this trick has rocked my world. I used to dread making cupcakes because I hated cleaning out the piping bags. No more! Lay a large piece of plastic wrap out on the table. Spread the frosting onto the plastic wrap.
This is a sponsored post provided by Reynolds, however all opinions are 100% my own.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- zest of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup coconut, toasted
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- toasted coconut for garnish
- Add the cake mix, water, oil, egg whites, and lime zest to the bowl on an electric mixer.
- Mix well until the batter is nice and smooth. Add toasted coconut and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among 24 Reynolds® Baked for You® StayBrite® Baking Cups.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, begin working on your frosting. Cream the butter and very slowly add the powdered sugar. Add lime juice and coconut extract until light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and when you are done, pull the plastic bag out and the bag is clean! So exciting. For real, life changing. Top with more toasted coconut.