When I was pregnant with my youngest son, I ate Urban Fries from Jack’s Urban Eats in Sacramento probably once a week. Urban Fries are french fries topped with blue cheese dressing, hot chili oil, red pepper flakes, and lots of chopped parsley. Admittedly, it is a strange combination, but I promise you, they are crave-worthy. I was so sick when I was pregnant, I would be sick 8-9 times a day until the day I delivered. I was not a happy girl, to say the least. It is counter-intuitive, but the only thing that would make me feel better was hot and spicy food. These fries always made me happy. And I am positive that they will make you happy too.
When I made these, I expected them to be okay, but miss the real ones from Jack’s. I did not miss them at all, these are even better, if-I-do-say-so-myself. I prefer the waffle fry to the matchstick fry. I think that the waffle fry is a better vehicle for these because it holds more of the goodness on top. The homemade ranch/blue cheese takes these to a whole new level. Some kick from the hot chili oil and red pepper flakes make these just spicy enough. But my absolute favorite part is the parsley. I love how much freshness it adds to these. I love parsley on just about anything though.
1 bag frozen waffle fries
1/2 to 1 cup homemade ranch dressing plus 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
hot chili oil
red pepper flakes
chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Add the blue cheese crumbles to the ranch dressing and mix well.
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries
- 1/2 – 1 cup homemade ranch dressing plus 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- hot chili oil
- red pepper flakes
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Add the blue cheese crumbles to the ranch dressing and mix well.
- Bake your waffle fries according to the package directions.
- Assembling is nothing more than putting a generous amount of blue cheese dressing on top of the fries. Add hot chili oil, red pepper flakes, and parsley.