web analytics

peppermint brownie bar recipeOne of the best parts about working with General Mills and Pillsbury, is that sometimes I get to try new products before they hit the grocery store shelf.  The nice team at Pillsbury sent me a case of their new Peppermint Sugar Cookie dough a few weeks ago.  I loved being able to play with it and create something new.  And now you can too. The cookies are delicious on their own, but why leave well enough alone?  Chocolate and peppermint is one of the best combinations on the planet, so I had to do it.  I did it for all of us.  A minty cookie base, covered with a fudgy and rich brownie.

I do try to bake as much as I can from scratch, but sometimes, time just does not allow that to happen.  A girl has to take help where she can, right?  Especially at this time of year, I always need to bring something to something.  I made these Peppermint Brownie Bars and sent them with my husband to share with his classmates, and you know what?  They loved them and devoured them in about 15 seconds.  It made no difference to them if I spent hours in the kitchen baking these, or 10 minutes, all they cared about was how they tasted.  They could not have been simpler to make either.  Press a roll of Peppermint Sugar Cookie dough into the bottom of a 9×13 pan, and cover with brownie mix.  Bake and you are good to go.

peppermint brownie bar recipe1 roll Peppermint Sugar Cookie dough1 box brownie mix (I used milk chocolate made for a 9×13 pan) and the ingredients to make the brownies

peppermint brownie bar recipePress the Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough into the base of a 9×13 baking dish.

peppermint brownie bar recipeMake the brownies according to the package directions.

peppermint brownie bar recipePour the brownie batter over the cookie dough base.

peppermint brownie bar recipeBake according to the brownie package directions, I wanted the brownies to be really fudgy, so keep them on the underbaked side.

Peppermint Brownie Bars

Ingredients

• 1 roll Peppermint Sugar Cookie dough
  • 1 box brownie mix (I used milk chocolate made for a 9×13 pan) and the ingredients to make the brownies

Instructions

1. Press the Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough into the base of a 9×13 baking dish.
  2. Make the brownies according to the package directions.
  3. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough base.
  4. Bake according to the brownie package directions, I wanted the brownies to be really fudgy, so keep them on the underbaked side.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Get the Baked Bree Newsletter!

Sign up to receive monthly news and subscriber only recipes. As a thank you, you will receive the Baked Bree Cookbook!

25 Responses to Peppermint Brownie Bars

1. Mabel says:

Hi Bree. Bake this according to the brownie directions or the peppermint cookie directions?

2. Kocinera says:

This is totally a recipe that I can see myself making when the 2am munchies hit. I love how easy these are! Not to mention that whole peppermint and brownie business going on. Yum!

3. [...] Add this recipe to ZipList! Peppermint Brownie Bars Ingredients1 roll Peppermint Sugar Cookie dough 1 box brownie mix (I [...]

4. Michelle says:

Such a genius idea! Cheap and easy!

5. Brandon says:

Wow, another irresistible recipe using Pillsbury products… they must love you! These look great!

6. Leah says:

Do you think these would freeze well?

7. Cara says:

I cannot wait to find this peppermint sugar cookie dough!

8. Paula says:

There’s a variation of this I’ve made two years running I found on Tasty Kitchen – http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/holidays/chocolate-cream-cheese-peppermint-bars/. I love it!

9. Not Betty Crocker! says:

Help! I have obviously done something wrong as mine are not near cooked after 40 minutes (the bronie recipe called for 24 minutes). The value size cookie dough is pictured so that is what I used – is that the right size or did you use a smaller 18oz size? Help! And, to be clear, I was not supposed to cook the cookie dough first, right? Or, should I have cooked the cookie dough and then poured the brownie batter on top?

• bakedbree says:

No, cooking times varies on a lot of things, it is a recommended time. It could be oven, pan size. Cook them until they are done is the best advice I can give.

• Val LaBore says:

My brownies have always needed around 45 mins to an hour to bake. Keep baking until done and a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the middle.
      Val

10. Val LaBore says:

I was just looking for some new recipes to use for my Boxing Day tea and came across this, something very simple and delicious that I could add to it. So I’m going hunting for the Peppermint Cookie dough and hope its out. Thank you for this little Xmas present!
    Val

• bakedbree says:

You are very welcome! I loved Boxing Day when we lived in Canada. I wish that we had it here in the US.

• Val LaBore says:

LOL! I am in the US, San Diego to be exact. It was a tradition started by my English friend to host a tea party on Boxing Day for the neighborhood. When she passed away I kept it up for my own friends.
        Sadly I’m not able to get the Peppermint Cookie dough. Our market said they came out at Thanksgiving and was wildly popular and sold out immediately.
        So I compromised and bought Sugar Cookie dough, lightly brushed some mint extract over the cookie dough and pressed bits of Andes Peppermint Crunch into it, then poured the brownie mix over it. It still tasted good.