Well, summer is wrapping up. We move into our house in a few days and we are so excited about this new chapter for us. 3 houses in one year, and I am thrilled to be settled for awhile. It might be quiet around here for a few days while we unpack and get settled, but I promise, you will not be hungry with these recipes.
1. Strawberry Cream Pie – A chocolate wafer crust filled with vanilla pastry cream and lots of gorgeous red strawberries. Creamy and crunchy, and how beautiful is this pie?
2. Sante Fe Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa – A staple recipe at my house. I have been making this chicken dish for ever and ever. The mango salsa is a new addition and so good that it might be hard to eat it without it now.
3. Chocolate Coconut Almond Cookies – A take on an Almond Joy, these cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Flakes of coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds make for a decadent and addicting cookie.
4. Belgian White Cupcakes – My favorite summer drink is a Blue Moon with an orange wedge. Who am I kidding? Any time of year. Here is a cupcake with the same delicious flavors. Yum.
5. Berries and Cream Pie – A different kind of berry pie than the one at the top. This one is so easy to make, I used a store bought crust, and and the rest takes minutes to stir together. A creamy custard, mixed berries, and a crumb top. This pie is truly spectacular.