Vegan Pumpkin Orange Soup
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 onion, diced
- juice and zest from one orange
- 1 16 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups soy milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, cook the onion in the margarine for 3-5 minutes, until onion turns clear. Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Cook over medium heat for another 10-15 minutes.
Apple and Cherry Oat Crisp
- 1 lb apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb cherries, fresh or frozen, pitted
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine apples and cherries in an oven safe dish sprayed with cooking spray. Add orange juice, orange zest, cornstarch, and agave nectar (or honey). Toss until fruit is well coated.
Mix topping ingredients in a medium bowl then spread over fruit. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with lightly sweetened Greek yogurt or whipped cream.