I am sitting at the kitchen table with Ava and Clay, while they drink hot chocolate. It is bitter cold here today. We tried playing outside after school, but it lasted all of about 10 minutes. Hot chocolate inside sounded like a good idea.
I want to start a new feature here that features some of my favorite things. I love to know what is on other people’s radars, so I figured that I could use this space to share some of my favorite things and things that have caught my eye during the week.
1. This book, Press Here, is just about the cutest book that I ever seen. We own a lot of children’s books, and I cannot tell you the last time I read a book that got this many giggles. Perfect for preschoolers, and would make a really great birthday party gift. Thanks Erin for the suggestion.
2. I am big fan of Get Totally Rad and have been using their products for years. Yesterday, they released their much anticipated iPhone app, PicTapGo, and it is even better than I imagined. I love the filters and how you can adjust them to suit your style. Can’t wait to play with it some more. If you are on Instagram, give me a follow (I am @bakedbree), and you can see how I have been using it.
3. I know that this might seem weird coming from me, as I happen to love sharing a cupcake recipe, but this article is really accurate. My kids get so many treats at school, parties, and even at soccer, that a treat really is a given and not so much of a special occasion thing anymore. My kids get birthday-party-like treat bags after every soccer game, that is where I drew the line. When did orange slices stop being enough? Anyway, it is food for thought for sure.
4. I have never lived someplace where it is so hard to get a reservation before. One place that we love suggests making a brunch reservation a few weeks ahead of time. Crazy! I am not a big planner, so I have a hard time wrapping my head around this. But I am a girl that loves to go out and I guess I am going to have to adapt. I have never had to make a reservation to go to a bar before, but I am looking forward to trying PX Lounge. Anyone been there before?
5. This cracks me up. Give it a sec, it’s worth it. At least it is not Gangnam Style. My kids have not gotten tired of that one yet, even though we have. Ages ago.
6. I am super excited that I snagged a ticket to Alt NYC! Are you going to be there? Send me an email and say hi!
I hope that you have a great weekend. Any big plans? What’s on your radar?