Cherries are in season, and Ava has found a new job that she loves to do. I think that she just likes to use the cherry pitter, but I am fine with that. I loved that she wanted to hang out with me in the kitchen.
1. I used these cherries for a few recipes, but my favorite was adding a cup or two to my Swedish Visiting Cake batter. That cake is probably my favorite cake to both eat and make. I love how my house smells while it is baking. And it is the easiest cake recipe ever.
2. It was a big week for this guy. He graduated from preschool. I am not sure who it was a bigger milestone for, me or him. I was sitting in my car the other day and realized that it was my last preschool drop off. I am sad to be leaving Bush Hills Day School. If you live in the Alexandria area and are looking for a preschool, I cannot recommend this school enough. I cannot believe that my baby is going to kindergarten next year! Crazy how quickly it goes by.
3. If you were a Little House on the Praire fan like I
was am, then you need to read The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure. I remember getting the yellow boxed set of books when I was in 2nd grade, and reading every one many, many times. My friends and I used to pretend that we were Laura and Mary in my backyard. I recently bought my daughter her first Little House book, and it was a big mom moment for me. I treated myself to a boxed set of the original 1971 books and cannot wait until it gets here to start all over.
4. I am on my second order of Rudabegga’s Cold Brew and I absolutely cannot get enough. Caramel is my favorite flavor. They have recently expanded their line with body butters and other bath and body products. William has really dry skin, so I cannot wait for my body butter to get here to see if it helps him.
5. I am really annoyed with myself for becoming so obsessed with Candy Crush Saga. It is a waste of my time, but I love it. I also introduced Wes to Geoguessr and he will try to figure out where he is for ages. It is a really amazing concept. You get dropped into a Google Map and have to figure out where you are.
6. I need to get my hands on some black raspberries to make this Black Raspberry and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from Naturally Ella. How gorgeous is this ice cream? Erin’s blog is a also gorgeous place, her photography is stunning and she just happens to be my web designer.
7. I saw this Emergency Contact From over at petite lemon and love it. It is a free download and you should grab one.
8. Favorite Instagram of the Week.
Have a wonderful weekend!