1. I made these bunnies the other night and think that they turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and the royal icing recipe and instructions from Bridget Edward’s book, Decorating Cookies. I used to not like making decorated cookies, they looked terrible, but I have gotten better with practice. The key is to take your time, and get things ready before you even start. It makes the process so much more manageable. Bridget’s book is a great resource if you want to get better.
2. I just bought this print for my daughter’s room. I want her to wake up every morning and this be the first thing that she sees.
3. I have spent a lot of time this week watching old episodes of The West Wing. It is really hard for me to decide between The West Wing or Friday Night Lights for my all-time favorite series. Even though I have seen each episode many, many times, I catch something new. The writing is just so good.
4. Spring Break starts tomorrow. We are headed to Connecticut this weekend to be god parents to our best friend’s baby boy. I am so honored that they asked us. It is a short trip, but the kid’s are off when we get home. Our big plans? Organizing the kitchen, (we have some serious storage issues) and cleaning up our
teeny tiny plot of dirt backyard. I bought some Earth Boxes this year, and am so excited about planting them. What kinds of things do you like to grow?
5. I love makeup. I really love to play with color and but get into a makeup rut. I discovered this YouTube channel and these tutorials are so good. I cannot get away with even half of the looks that she does, but I could (and have) watched these videos for hours.
6. The other day, Wes was looking for something on YouTube, and stumbled on this video that he made of Clay giggling while Ava crushes cheerios with a pretzel. It made me laugh and cry at the same time. I don’t even remember them being that little. I really wish that we had taken more video of them as babies.
7. Favorite Instagram of the Week. Clay eating cereal. I love how his little feet are tucked underneath him. He looks so small and grown up all at the same time. It is hard for me to believe that this is the baby from the video.
Have a great weekend. Are you on Spring Break?