I am over at Tablespoon sharing some of my favorite appetizer recipes to get us ready for the big game. This year I watched and paid attention to football more than I usually do,
I am obsessed with Tim Tebow the games were just so good. It was a year for underdogs, and I happen to love a good underdog story. Teams that were notorious for being terrible made it to the playoffs, and we did not have Peyton Manning. Instead we were Tebow-ed, and could not go anywhere without hearing his name. All of my favorite players and teams are out, so you know what that means. All that is left to do is get our Super Bowl Snack on.
1. Sweet and Spicy Meatballs – These slow cooker meatballs are so easy to make, whisk together a few ingredients, throw everything into the slow cooker, and a few hours later, you are ready to go. These are sweet and spicy from apple jelly and whole grain mustard, and a little kick from whiskey. Grab an icy cold beer, and find your seat on the couch.
2. Jalapeno Popper Dip – Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, this baked dip packs a punch. Everything that I love about a jalapeno popper without having to break out the fryer. Both fresh and pickled jalapenos give this dip a nice kick, without being overpowering. One of my most requested recipes.
3. Baked Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip – A healthier version of the classic chicken wing. Baked in the oven, and tossed in a hot and spicy buffalo wing sauce. Serve with carrots, celery, and homemade blue cheese dip.
4. White Bean Dip – Even on the biggest snack food day of the year, we need to show a little restraint. My white bean dip does not taste healthy, it just tastes amazing. Fresh herbs, lots of garlic, and lemon, whizzed together in the food processor, are the perfect dip for some crispy pita chips. I have made this no less than 6 times in the last month.
5. Nacho Cheese Dip – The one day of the year that I allow fake cheese into my house. I secretly wait for it all year. Not your typical nacho cheese dip. Beer, spices, and cilantro really make this dip worth waiting for.
What are you Super Bowl favorites? Add a link to the Blog Hop and share your favorite Super Bowl Appetizers.