Do you have some leftover Easter ham? You do? Then you are going to want to make this sandwich. Right now. This sandwich is warm, gooey, and pretty much the yummiest ham sandwich I have ever eaten in my life. Ham, Jarlsberg Cheese, onion and poppy seed spread, on a toasty and warm roll. The flavor combination is so interesting. And delicious. It makes me really happy. I have recently discovered Jarlsberg Cheese, (they are sending me to Camp Blogaway at the end of the week) and I really have fallen in love with this nutty and sweet cheese. It melts like a dream and goes so well with so many things.
I hope that you all had a Happy Easter. We had the best Easter that I can remember. We went to church the night before, and we all slept in on Easter Sunday. I made a huge Easter brunch with Cream Cheese Biscuits, strawberry jam, pancakes, sausage, fruit, and it was delicious. We never even got out of our jammies all day. It was wonderful. I hope that your Easter was as nice as ours was.
1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon Worcesterchire Sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
1 small grated onion
1 pound ham (thinly sliced)
1/2 pound Jarlsberg Cheese
I was so happy to see these Jarlsberg slices in my grocery store. I am lazy, I really like to buy cheese already sliced or shredded.
Mix together the butter, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, poppy seeds, and grated onion.
Slice the rolls in half. Spread each side with the onion and mustard spread.
Add slices of ham.
Add a few slices of Jarlsberg.
Top with the other side of the roll.
Cover the sandwiches with tin foil. Baked in a preheated 325 degree oven until warmed through and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
This sandwich might be the reason for me to make an Easter ham part of my Easter traditions, instead of staying my jammies all day on Easter. Just for leftovers sake.
This recipe is adapted from Sunset.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcesterchire Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 small grated onion
- 6 rolls
- 1 pound ham (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 pound Jarlsberg Cheese
- Mix together the butter, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, poppy seeds, and grated onion.
- Slice the rolls in half. Spread each side with the onion and mustard spread.
- Add slices of ham.
- Add a few slices of Jarlsberg.
- Top with the other side of the roll.
- Cover the sandwiches with tin foil. Baked in a preheated 325 degree oven until warmed through and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.