- cooking spray
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 to 2 cups Almond Breeze almond milk (any flavor is fine, but I like the vanilla Almondmilk Coconutmilk)
- Spray the insert of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add oats, brown sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Add 3 1/2 cups water. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, add 1 cup almond milk to thin out the oatmeal. Add more to get the consistency that you like. If you enjoy runnier oatmeal add more almond milk. Spoon oatmeal into a bowl. Add raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Sprinkle with almond flakes and additional brown sugar if desired. I like to add an extra splash of almond milk before I serve it. Serve with a steaming cup of coffee and enjoy the rest of your day.