July was a great month. The highlight being my super short – super amazing – super fun – trip to London. I need to write an entire post about it because I have a lot to share about the experience. I have been disappointed that I am not British just about my entire life. Now that I have been, I am head over heels in love with England and trying to figure out ways to move there. If I can’t live there, at least ways to visit on at least a yearly basis. We did a lot in a very short amount of time and I don’t even think that we scratched the surface of what there is to do and see there.
And jet lag is real. It took me about a week to recover from the exhaustion. And the depression. I was thrilled to see my husband and children, and it is a testament to how much I really do love them because I easily could not have gotten on the airplane to come home.
I have felt like I’ve been burning the candle at both ends for a long time. The break was really what I needed. I needed to get some culture and experience some new things. I had lots of time to think and soak up everything around me. I’m a city girl. As much as I like small beach towns, I really love the hustle and bustle of big cities too.
Distance can really help put things into perspective. I came home refreshed and excited for the first time in awhile. We have a lot of big changes coming up in the next few months (we find out where we are moving to next) and I’m looking forward to seeing what is in our future. I’ve really enjoyed our time here, but I’m ready to move on. For now, I’m trying to keep my trip fresh in my mind by drinking tea out of my new London mug. You know that I couldn’t go to London without bringing home a mug souvenir.
JULY GOALS //
– Organize my closet – This still needs to be done but is the last big project for my house. – Still needs to be done. I don’t know why this one is still lingering, but it really is.
The guest room – I need to put the bed skirt on and cute it up a little. Hang some pictures and make it comfy for guests that are coming soon. DONE – I bought a really cute bedspread from Target and I am not embarrassed if someone comes to stay with us.
LONDON – this isn’t really a goal per say, but checking off a bucket list item. If you have read my blog for awhile, you know that I am England-obsessed. DONE – Had the BEST. TIME. EVER.
Finish all of my projects for Baked Bree (I’ve been working on the holidays already, I made GINGERBREAD MEN in JULY.) I want to enjoy the last month of summer without and big assignments looming over my head. – DONE. I am finished with holiday assignments and it felt good to check that off of my to-do list.
AUGUST GOALS //
– Organize my closet and donate anything that doesn’t fit or I do not love. Considering a capsule wardrobe.
– Hang new hallway wall gallery.
– Rebrand Bree Hester Photography – I should have just hired out originally. I thought I could save some money and do it myself, but I hired someone that I love and I am doing it right.
– Update pages and info for BHP new website. Add more info for potential editing clients.
– Clean out kid’s clothes and donate what they have grown out of. Shop for things to fill in gaps.
– Clean out backpacks and get organized for new school year.
– Finish 3 books. I’ve been slacking on my reading challenge and need to put in some time to catch up.
– Finish one family movie. I have lots of footage, but haven’t sat down to create a movie.
OTHER MONTHLY GOALS //