- chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (mine came from my garden)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 cups pita chips (I used mini whole wheat pitas that I toasted on the grill)
- Your favorite salad mix (I like the herb mix)
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of salted boiling water for about 1-2 minutes.
- Drop the green beans into a bowl of ice cold water to shock them. Drain and set aside.
- Chop your vegetables and toast the pita if you are not using pita chips.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano leaves, pepper and some salt to a jar with a lid or a bowl. Shake or whisk together. The dressing is done. (I might add a touch of honey for sweetness next time I make this dressing. It was nice a bright, but a little honey would have made it perfect. Maybe a teaspoon or two?)
- Assemble the salad.
- Drizzle dressing on the salad and over the top of the grilled chicken. I put a generous amount of fresh cracked pepper all over it.