Posted by Bakedbreehttps://bakedbree.com/chocolate-cut-out-cookies-week-11-of-12-weeks-of-christmas
© 2011 Baked Bree. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Cut Out Cookies [Week 11 of 12 weeks of Christmas]
cup cocoa powder
sticks room temperature butter
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt. Add the butter mixture slowly. Mix until incorporated.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Roll out and cut using your favorite cookie cutter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies will be set, and will hold their shape. Cool completely.
- Pipe the edges with royal icing. Let the edges dry completely. Loosen the remaining royal icing with water and flood the cookies to fill in. Cover with sanding sugar. Let the cookies dry completely overnight.