Posted by Bakedbreehttps://bakedbree.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-stacks
© 2011 Baked Bree. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks
Chocolate Shortbread Cookie (adapted from Dorie)
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
sticks room temperature butter
peanut butter pie filling
salted and roasted peanuts
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg yolk, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 additions.
- Separate the dough into two and roll into a log shape. Wrap the dough in parchment or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Slice the cookies and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- I put the peanut butter pie filling in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. I put a teeny bit of filling on the plate so that it acts as glue and the cookies will not move around on the plate. Place a cookie on top and pipe some filling. Do this again. You should have 2 layers of filling and 3 cookies.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top and sprinkle with peanuts.