- 2 pounds of bone in chicken breast (I take the skin off)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Clean and dry the chicken. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Put the chicken bone up in a roasting pan. I will put the chicken in the fridge like this until I am ready to bake it off.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, mustard, horseradish, and crushed red pepper to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a bubble and simmer for a few minutes. Take off the heat and set aside. You could make the sauce a few days ahead of time and kept in the fridge.
- Bake the chicken bone side up in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Pour half of the sauce into a bowl to serve alongside the chicken. Brush the sauce over the chicken and put it back into the oven for another 20 to 30 minutes. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.