Homemade Honeycomb Candy and a few things that I am really loving. Let’s start with the candy. I find nothing more magical than what sugar does when you add heat to it. It truly fascinates me and I am amazed at how many different things you can make with hot sugar. Caramel, hard candy, marshmallows, icing, fudge. The list goes on and on. Honeycomb is so easy to make, the baking soda creates these glorious air pockets and turns caramel into light as air candy. I love making this candy. You can eat it plain, dip it in chocolate, or I like to crumble it and put it over ice cream. I was watching one of my favorite YouTubers make a cake, and she coated her honeycomb in gold disco dust and made gold nuggets to for a pot of gold cake. It was adorable. I’m going to keep that in my back pocket for next year’s St. Patrick’s Day.
A couple of things that I am really loving right now, in no particular order:
– S-Town Podcast. If you loved Serial like I did, then hold on to your hat. Made by a producer of Serial and This American Life, it has a Serial feel to it and is so good. AND you can binge listen. All of the episodes were released at once.
– I really don’t like buying shoes, if I could get by with just wearing black flip flops and Uggs, I would be really happy. I bought these sandals and I love them. They are cute, comfy, and so with so many things.
– My carry-on was on its last leg. Or rather, last wheel. I travel a lot and 99% of the time only bring a carry-on, so I wanted to get a better quality suitcase than I had. I ended up getting an Away suitcase and I love it. And you can charge your phone on it!
– Not for the faint of heart, but Narcos is the best show I’ve watched in a really long time. It is about Columbian drug cartels and is 100% true. Be warned – it is violent. Once I started watching, I couldn’t stop.
– Need a fun hostess gift? These wine markers are cheeky and fun (no pun intended).
– I am a bullet journal convert. I love how flexible it is, and that I can make it anything I want. This notebook is the best one I’ve found. It’s a perfect size, nice paper, and I like the color options. I think that my next one will be yellow.
– I’ve been using the Calm app because I challenged myself to meditate every day for my 41st year. I tried out a quite a few, and this is by far my favorite.
What have you been loving lately? I’d love to know.