- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (I love this Honey Balsamic from Honey Ridge Farms)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Cook the chicken until both sides are brown and the chicken is cooked through. It is about 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Take the chicken out of the pan, and put on a plate and cover with foil.
- Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and honey to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, the sauce will thicken. Use a spatula to get the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Slice the chicken on a bias, and spoon the pan sauce over the top. I served mine with some orzo tossed with homemade pesto sauce and Parmesan cheese.