Remember when the nice people at Land o’ Lakes gave me some Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread, and I made those glorious Quick and Easy Cinnamon Butter Buns? They were nice enough to ask me to use another one of their premium products to make a new recipe. This time, they asked me to use eggs from their premium egg product line. I make it a point to buy the best eggs that I can for my family. I use them in so many of my recipes, that I make sure to use eggs that are of the best quality possible. I use almost 2 dozen eggs a week, so it is important to use eggs that meet my high standards, and these do. They taste better too.
This egg dish is incredibly easy to make, and yet, it is so beautiful. How can your day not be wonderful when this egg dish is on your plate? These eggs baked in a bread bowl are perfect for a Sunday brunch, or maybe even a holiday breakfast. Feel free to use different breads, cheeses, and herbs to make a different kind each time. Or a great way to use up some leftovers in your fridge. A side of roasted asparagus or a mixed green salad, and this a perfect light lunch or dinner.
6 whole wheat rolls
6 Land o’ Lakes All-Natural Farm-Fresh Eggs®
6 teaspoons cream
6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
3 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Crack one Land o’ Lakes All-Natural Farm-Fresh Egg® into each hole.
Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. Add the bread bowl tops to the oven. Toast for 2 more minutes. The Land o’ Lakes All-Natural Farm-Fresh Egg® should be set and the cheese should be melted.Print
- 6 whole wheat rolls
- 6 Land o’ Lakes All-Natural Farm-Fresh Eggs®
- 6 teaspoons cream
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut a hole out of each roll (about 3 inches across and 1/2 inch deep) and reserve the top.
- Crack a Land o’ Lakes All-Natural Farm-Fresh Egg® into each roll. Add a teaspoon of cream, a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon chives, and 1/2 teaspoon parsley to each Land o’ Lakes All-Natural Farm-Fresh Egg®. Salt and pepper each egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Add the bread bowl tops to the oven. Toast for 2 more minutes. The eggs should be set and the cheese should be melted.