- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint raspberries
- sanding sugar (or regular sugar to sprinkle on top)
- In one bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In another whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until the batter just comes together. It can be lumpy. The more you mix the batter, the less tender the muffin will be.
- Fold in the gorgeous fresh red raspberries.
- Put the batter in a lined muffin tin. Can you tell how much I love these fancy liners? I sourced them for you on my blueberry muffin post in the comments section.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins generously with the sanding sugar. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.