Posted by Bakedbreehttps://bakedbree.com/rich-and-creamy-hot-chocolate
© 2011 Baked Bree. All rights reserved.
Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate
cups whole milk
(3.5-ounce) dark chocolate bars (70% cocoa)
heavy pinch of sea salt
- Heat 3½ cups of milk over medium heat until the milk begins to bubble around the edges.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining ½ cup milk and cornstarch until dissolved. Set aside.
- Chop or grate the chocolate. The finer the pieces, the faster it will melt in the hot milk.
- When the milk begins to bubble around the edges, add the chocolate, honey, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Whisk in the milk and cornstarch mixture.
- Let the hot chocolate come to a bubble, stirring occasionally. It should take about 5 minutes. The mixture will thicken, let cool slightly, and ladle into mugs.