Posted by Bakedbreehttps://bakedbree.com/slow-cooker-apple-butter
© 2011 Baked Bree. All rights reserved.
lb Gala apples
cup packed light brown sugar
- Peel, core and slice apples. In food processor, grate apples (in batches, if needed). Place in slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, salt and cinnamon stick.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours.
- Remove and reserve cinnamon stick. In food processor, puree apple mixture (in batches, if needed) until smooth. Return to slow cooker with cinnamon stick.
- Cook uncovered on High heat setting 4 hours longer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Cool completely. Transfer butter to jars; seal tightly. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.