We started our weekend with our first trip to the farmer’s market. Spring is in full swing – ramps, zucchini blossoms, lilacs were abundant. I had forgotten how much I love the farmer’s market. We didn’t have one last year in Kansas (well, there is a great one, but it was an hour away) and I had forgotten how amazing the people and produce are when you buy from a person and not a store. The kids ate gigantic muffins and almond croissants, while I did the one time around before I keyed in on the vendors that I wanted to go back to. I have a feeling that this will be the start of our weekend from now on.
1. Lately, I have really been spending time making my home feel more homey. When you rent like we do, it is can be hard to make your house feel like your own home. White walls, carpet that you would never pick on your own, and someone else’s style. I have finally come to realize that this is more of my issue and my choosing to think that way. This is still the home that we live in, the one that our children call home, so why shouldn’t I spend the time and energy making it “ours”? Thank you to my friend Hannah for reminding me of this.
2. I have fallen in love with this British magazine. I picked it up at Barnes and Noble and need to figure out how to get a subscription. I know that I can get the iPad one, but I really like my magazines to have pages. I have easily made the switch to e-books, but not e-magazines. Call me old school. Gorgeous images, great recipes, love this and am so inspired by it.
3. Tomorrow I am taking a macaron class at Sur la Table and I am so excited. I have only once been successful when making macarons. See above. And I think that was a total fluke, because I have tried a few time since then, and they didn’t turn out so great. I hope to pick up some pointers.
4. My friend Kristi recently introduced me to Stella & Dot. I am not a huge jewelry wearer, but bought these earrings and I love them. I also bought this bag, and I love it. It is the perfect size and so summery. Some great Mother’s Day gifts!
5. So, this has not been the best week for Reese Witherspoon. She did a dumb thing (don’t we all?), and in all honesty, I like her more now than I did before. She took ownership of the situation, was contrite and apologized, and took responsibility for her actions. I wish that more celebrities (and all people, really) did this. She blamed no one but herself. Good for her. Just a random note, I went into labor with my last two children watching Reese Witherspoon movies. If the pineapple and eggplant parm are not working to get you into labor, try a Reece flick.
6. Favorite Instagram of the week – this week, I couldn’t narrow it down to one, so I added a collage. It has been so beautiful after dinner that we have been taking the kids to the park every evening. These were from last night. I brought my big camera only to realize that there was not a memory card in it. Again, the best camera is this the one that you have on you.
Happy Weekend! Off to lacrosse!