- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 4 Tablespoons coarse ground coffee
- 16-ounces very hot (but not boiling) water
- Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar. Crush cardamom pods and add to the pot. Break the cinnamon sticks in half, add the vanilla bean and grate some nutmeg into the mixture.
- Bring to a boil, cook until the sugar is dissolved. Let the syrup come to room temperature. Pour the syrup through a sieve. Pour into a bottle. I like to keep the vanilla bean in the bottle, I think that it looks pretty.
- Add the coffee to the bottom of the french press. Pour water over the beans and stir with a wooden spoon. Top with the plunger, but do not press it down yet. Let the coffee sit for 4 minutes. Press the plunger down.
- Fill the frother with cold almond milk to the fill line. Microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Froth until the milk triples in volume.
- Add a Tablespoon or two of vanilla spice syrup to the bottom of the cup. Fill halfway with coffee. Fill the rest of the cup with frothed milk. Grate nutmeg on top.