Red and festive, my warm cranberry Calvados cocktail or Cranberry Cuddle is a perfect holiday drink.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- peel from one lemon
- 2-inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 (64-oz.) bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 1/2 cups Calvados (apple brandy), more to taste
- whole cranberries
- lemon slices
- apple slices
- cinnamon sticks
- Add sugar, lemon peel, ginger, cinnamon sticks, and cloves to a large Dutch oven or pot.
- Pour in cranberry juice. Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a large pitcher, straining out lemon peel and spices.
- Add Calvados to pitcher and let mixture chill for 24 hours.
- To serve, add to a slow cooker and warm on a LOW setting. Or gently warm on the stove over low heat. Add to a preheated airpot.
- Ladle into mugs and serve with a few cranberries, a squeeze of lemon juice, apple slices, and a cinnamon stick.
Make this drink the day before you plan on serving it. It needs to chill in the fridge overnight.