- chocolate cake
- peanut butter filling
- milk chocolate buttercream
- I used Beatty’s chocolate cake, chocolate butter cream, and peanut butter pie and made them into something new and different.
- I made Beatty’s chocolate cake exactly as written. I used melted milk chocolate in place of cocoa in the chocolate buttercream and made it into milk chocolate buttercream. I made a half recipe of the filling for my peanut butter pie and put it in between the layers of the cake. A generous sprinkling of sea salt and this is one of the best cakes I have ever made in my entire life.
- Bake your chocolate cake layers and let cool. If you want to use a boxed chocolate cake mix, I will not tell. Promise.
- I should have either cut the cake layers in half and did the peanut butter filling twice or inserted dowels into the cake to keep upright. Chill the cake for a few hours to make sure everything is nice and firm.
- Make the buttercream replacing the cocoa with cooled melted milk chocolate.
- Ice the cake with the milk chocolate buttercream.
- You can make the edges fancy by piping the extra frosting on the edges.
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt. It absolutely brings out all of the flavors and it does not make it salty, but more chocolatey and peanut buttery. .