Spicy cinnamon whiskey and sweet orange juice partner together for this holiday cocktail. The Family Stone Sipper is a personal tradition I am excited to share with you!
The Family Stone Sipper (a.k.a. Fireball and orange juice) may be new to you. After I tried it, it became a tradition for me; I drink it every December, while watching the 2005 holiday drama ‘The Family Stone’ (it all makes sense now, right?). Trust me on this – the combination sounds questionable, but it is incredible!
I can’t take any credit for this holiday tradition though, I 1000% stole it from Ashley and Knox McCoy. Ashley of The Bluest Willow, and Knox, one half of my favorite podcast of all-time The Popcast. At this point, I can’t imagine not doing this every year, and I look forward to every single sip.
Pomegranate seeds are festive little jewels and I love their flavor paired with orange in this Family Stone Sipper. That blend brings me back to the Christmas we spent in Morocco, where we ate that delicious combination every morning for breakfast.
Ingredients for the Family Stone Sipper //
This only takes four simple ingredients: Fireball, orange juice, sparkling water, and pomegranate seeds (optional). Seriously. That’s it!
You will also need ice and a cocktail shaker, to give the Family Stone Sipper a nice froth.
Whiskey: I prefer name brand Fireball, but there are so many cinnamon whiskeys on the market these days you’ll surely find an option.
Orange Juice: The fresher the better I say, but a good grocery store OJ works just fine. I prefer something without added sugar, and no pulp. But – you can add whatever you fancy.
Pomegranates: I love adding the seeds to the Family Stone Sipper They pop and have such a fun flavor to bring to the party. If you don’t have access to fresh or packaged ones, cranberries are a great alternative.
How to Make – The Steps
- First, add cubes to your cocktail glass so it chills while you mix the drink.
- Then, add ice to the cocktail shaker. Pour in one ounce of Fireball and four ounces of orange juice. Shake vigorously.
- Next, add pomegranate seeds to the drinking glass and pour the cocktail over the top.
- Finally, finish your Family Stone Sipper with a splash of sparkling water to give it some bubbles.
Serving Ideas for the Family Stone Sipper //
- Add fresh cranberries to the glass, instead of pomegranate for another Christmas blend that works well in cocktails.
- If you are making this for a group of people, I suggest leaving the Family Stone Sipper out pre-mixed, with extra Fireball on the side if folks want to add a splash or two more.
More Cocktail Recipes //
- Jingle Juice
- Poinsettia Cocktails
- Blood Orange Amaretto Cocktails
- Warm Cranberry Cuddle
- Spiced Apple Cider Cocktails
Family Stone Sipper
- 1 ounce Fireball cinnamon-flavored whiskey
- 4 ounces orange juice fresh squeezed is ideal
- Sparkling soda
- Pomegranate seeds
- Add a lot of ice to a glass or cocktail shaker.
- Pour in Fireball and orange juice.
- Mix or shake to combine.
- Pour in a splash of sparkling water.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.