Pillsbury asked a group of bloggers to turn a favorite cookie recipe into one that uses Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough. It took me all of about 2 seconds to decide what I wanted to make. I love going to the grocery store and buying the sugar cookies with the thick, colored frosting on top, you know which brand I am talking about. I try to not buy them, because I have a really hard time resisting them.
Let’s be honest, sometimes a cookie is a vehicle for frosting. This recipe will make cookie and frosting lovers alike, very, very, happy. I have yet to meet anyone that can resist a soft sugar cookie with a thick layer of almond scented frosting. These cookies take sugar cookies to a whole new level and are so easy to make, a no-stress holiday cookie.
Check out what the other talented bloggers came up with here.
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons heavy cream
food coloring (optional)
assorted sprinkles (optional)
1. Bake cookies according to package direction. Cool completely.
2. Cream together cream cheese and butter.
3. Slowly add powdered sugar.
4. Add heavy cream, and beat for 5 minutes until very light and fluffy.
5. Add food coloring if desired.
6. Spread 2 tablespoons of frosting onto each cookie.
7. Add sprinkles.