We love to make pizza around here. It is a favorite with the adults and children alike. I make my own dough, and usually have some in my freezer for whenever we feel like whipping up a fresh pizza. This pizza was inspired by the one at California Pizza Kitchen. Their Thai Chicken Pizza is my favorite. When my husband is standing duty, I have been known to stick a frozen CPK Thai Chicken Pizza in the oven and call it dinner. Come to think of it, I have not done that in ages, I should get one the next time I am at the store. I love the sauce that goes on this pizza. It is the perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and tart. Yes, there are a lot of ingredients. Do not be put off by the ingredients list. I use Asian ingredients all the time and most of these things are always in my pantry. You can use this sauce on other things, like grilled chicken or vegetables. My kids love to dip anything. I love when the dip is not ranch or ketchup.
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like smooth, use whatever you want)
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sriracha (or hot chili sauce)
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 cup boiling water
Put the sauce into a saucepan and let it cook through until it is hot. It is going to be really thick and this is where the boiling water comes in. I add enough hot water to get it the consistency that I want it to be.
cooked chicken cut into pieces
Monterey Jack or Mozzerella cheese
- ½ cup peanut butter (I like smooth, use whatever you want)
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or hot chili sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ cup boiling water
- cooked chicken cut into pieces
- red pepper
- mung beans
- green onions
- Monterey Jack or Mozzerella cheese
- pizza dough
- make the sauce. Put the ingredients except for the boiling water into a bowl.
- It will be super thick and very delicious.
- Put the sauce into a saucepan and let it cook through until it is hot. It is going to be really thick and this is where the boiling water comes in. I add enough hot water to get it the consistency that I want it to be.
- Slice the vegetables and grate the carrots. Slice the limes to squeeze over the pizza when it is finished cooking.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Spread some of the sauce over the pizza crust. Add the vegetables and cheese. Leave the cilantro and limes off until the pizza is cooked.
- Bake in a 500 degree oven that has been preheated for at least 30 minutes. This is the secret for a crispy crust.
- Garnish the pizza with minced cilantro and a squeeze of lime.