Juicy, tender, and crispy Chicken Breasts in just minutes? Sounds good to me. This recipe is ideal for weeknights when time is short or when you want a healthy alternative to fried chicken. Plus, with our recommended variations, you’ll never tire with this delicious and healthy meal.
Why You Will Love This Recipe //
- It is quick and easy — as you’ve probably come to expect from anything involving your air fryer!
- There are so many varieties (see below) that you can change up the flavors every time you make it.
- We wanted to make this a little decadent, so we used butter, but you can easily make it healthier by using olive oil instead.
There’s a reason why Chicken Breast recipes are so often searched. They are a great base for any meal, whether you are looking for side dishes or simply want to dress the chicken up in a divine, new sauce. Here are some suggestions:
- Parm: Coat the chicken in breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano
- BBQ: Reach for your favorite barbecue sauce and coat the chicken in it before putting in the air fryer
- Buffalo: A variation on a variation, go one step further and mix together hot sauce and melted butter and then coat it on the chicken.
- Lemon/Pepper: A traditional one but no less tasty. Mix together lemon juice, black pepper, olive oil for a tangy chicken.
- Korean: Mix together soy sauce, gochujang (Korean chili paste), brown sugar, and sesame oil and brush onto the chicken
- Mexican: Add some chili powder, cumin, and black pepper, and serving the chicken with guacamole, refried beans, and a slice of lime on the side.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 limes , zested and juiced
- salt and pepper
How to Make // The Steps
Step 1: In a small pot, melt together the butter, paprika, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper.
Step 2: Place the chicken breast in a bowl and pour over the butter mix. Use your hands to really coat the chicken.
Step 3: Put the coated chicken breasts into the air fryer and cook at 350 F for 5 – 6 minutes.
Step 4: Turn the breasts over in the air fryer and use a pastry brush to brush on the remaining butter mix. Return to the air fryer and cook for a further 5 – 6 minutes.
You can change up the flavor of this dish each time you cook it, which is lovely AND convenient. Just add a different spice to the butter and voila, you have a different dish. Have a look at the Variations section for some interesting ideas, though you can always scour your pantry and utilize whatever you have on hand. We’re sure it will taste good.
It’s better to err on the side of caution and inspect the chicken after a short period of time. If it isn’t done when you take it out of the air fryer, you can always put it in for longer but you can’t “uncook” it. Make an educated guess based on the size of the breast. Larger ones, obviously, need to be cooked longer. So put them in for 3 minutes on each side and then use a knife to check the inside to see if they are cooked. Then add another minute at a time until you are happy that they are cooked through.
You probably overcrowded the air fryer basket. Keep the breasts spaced apart so the air can flow fully around them. Without that air flow, the chicken gets steamed and soggy. It also results in uneven cooking.
How To Store Air Fryer Chicken //
Let the chicken cool completely. Wrap each one in foil or plastic wrap to ensure they don’t dry out while being stored. Then put them in a resealable bag or in an airtight container. You can keep them in the fridge for up to three days. You can reheat the chicken in the microwave, oven, or the air fryer by cooking them at 400°F for 5-7 minutes. You can also freeze the chicken following the above steps. They should keep for three months. When you want to eat them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight or defrost them in the microwave.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper
- In a small pot melt together the butter, paprika, lime zest and juice and salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breast into a bowl and pour over the butter mix, use your hands to really coat the breasts.
- Pop the coated chicken breasts into the air fryer and cook at 180C for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Turn the breasts over in the airfryer and use a pastry brush to brush on the remaining butter mix. Return to the airfryer and cook for a further 5 – 6 minutes.