Getting these posted on Thursday for some reason always sneaks up on me. At least I am posting these on the right day. Little victories right? I made these Snickers Cookie Bars for my son’s reading celebration at school tomorrow. They had to read 200 minutes during the quarter to be able to get a celebration. If you have ever met my child, then you know that this was an accomplishment. I love to read more than anything. If you told me that I needed to go into my quiet room, read for a bit, and then get a party at the end, I would be all over it. In fact, I do not even need a party. I think that I was there at “quiet room”. I told Will that if he finished his reading log (believe me, we JUST made it), that I would bake a special treat for him and his class.
These Snickers Cookie Bars are so easy to make, even easier than a cookie. I love cookies, but since we moved from our house and my glorious double ovens, baking cookies seems like a chore. These took about 10 minutes to get from ingredients to pan. They also cut like a dream. Nice edges. I know that doesn’t matter to a lot of people, but when you are taking pictures of food, it is rather handy. Also, use whatever kind of candy bar you would like. Butterfinger, Babe Ruth, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. All would be delicious.
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 fun size Snickers bars, cut into quarters
Add the Snickers pieces.
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 fun size Snickers bars, cut into quarters
- Cream butter and brown sugar for 3 minutes, until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the Snickers pieces.
- Add the batter to an 8×8 inch pan that has been lined with tin foil or parchment paper. The overhang makes it so much easier to get the bars out of the pan. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into 16 squares.