A No-Churn Salted Cinnamon Ice Cream recipe is easy to make and ready for freezing in 15 minutes flat. It’s a wonderful base ice cream recipe to enjoy with pie, caramel sauce or all on its own.
Cinnamon ice cream is one of my all-time favorite flavors of ice cream. Either that or brown sugar ice cream. But it can be hard to find.
When we lived in Europe, it was often on the menu in gelato shops. In the US, it is usually only available in the fall and even then, it is rare. So, I decided to make my own to enjoy whenever I want.
Much like no-churn coffee ice cream, this recipe requires a simple whip of cream and some help from the baking aisle.
Traditional vs No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe //
I have an ice cream maker, and like to make traditional ice cream, but it takes some planning. The insert needs to be frozen, the custard needs to chill down for a really long time, and I normally am not that organized. I want ice cream when I want it.
The answer: no-churn ice cream.
Fifteen minutes later and the custard is ready for freezing!
All it takes is 6 ingredients to make a warmly spiced ice cream of your dreams.
Gather together heavy whipping cream, vanilla bean paste, vodka, cinnamon, kosher salt and sweetened condensed milk.
Heavy Whipping Cream. One small pint of heavy cream is all you need. Grab a quart and double the recipe for a real ice cream party.
Vodka. The addition of vodka may see odd, but it makes a difference in the ice cream’s overall texture (essentially, it drops the freezing point of the ice cream base). Rum is a nice substitute for a kick more flavor.
Cinnamon. There are two main varieties of cinnamon – Saigon and Ceylon. Saigon is more popular, but Ceylon is considered true cinnamon (and a bit more expensive). Go for the one already in your pantry.
Sweetened Condensed Milk. Condensed milk is easily available in the baking aisle (just make sure not to grab evaporated milk). Eagle Brand is a good option.
How to Make // The Steps
I can’t tell you how incredible it is to make ice cream from scratch without an ice cream maker. Get ready to be amazed.
- Step 1: Whip cream until stiff peaks form using the whisk attachment on your electric mixer.
- Step 2: Add vanilla and vodka.
- Step 3: Next, add cinnamon and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Step 4: Remove from mixer and gently fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Step 5: Be careful not to deflate the cream.
- Step 6: Gently spoon the mixture into a loaf pan or individual paper containers with a lid. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
What Makes This Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe So Good? //
Like I said, I want ice cream when I want it and this recipe ensures a homemade way to get me there. I love this simple ice cream recipe so much because:
- Shortcut ingredients make an ice cream base ready for chilling in 15 minutes flat.
- It’s sweetly scented with warm, ground cinnamon for a fall-inspired treat enjoyed any time of year.
- It’s a simple. elegant and easy dessert recipe my kids and husband devour.
Recipe Tips //
- The alcohol can be omitted, but it makes a huge difference in the texture and scoop-ability of the ice cream.
- If you don’t want to add vodka to your ice cream you can use sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, or honey. These ingredients can also keep your ice cream softer.
- Keep your ice cream in a shallow container and cover the top with plastic wrap then cover it with a lid. This will keep crystals from forming and will also keep your frozen dessert soft.
The Perfect Base Recipe //
You can make any flavor imaginable – you just need a base of whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, flavoring, and a little vodka or rum.
For example, keep the cinnamon and salt. Now add sauteed apples and coarsely crushed graham crackers to make apple pie ice cream.
You can also add caramel sauce with salt to make a salted caramel flavor.
Chocolate chips, chocolate candies, peanut butter chips or crushed cookies would all be divine.
If you want to use alcohol other than vodka, you may use coffee or chocolate liqueurs with cinnamon. Use your imagination and you can have unlimited flavor combinations that will taste heavenly.
Horchata Ice Cream //
Another recipe that you can make with the ingredients and steps here is horchata ice cream. Horchata is
a Mexican drink made out of ground long-grain white rice and cinnamon sticks.
To incorporate this into your ice cream you have to ground your white rice and cinnamon sticks until it turns into a powder. Then add water, sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Let it soak and strain. Finally, use the liquid while making your no-churn salted cinnamon ice cream to give it a creamier and smoother consistency
Serving Suggestions //
I scoop a spoonful any time the craving strikes. Don’t judge.
How to Freeze //
I like to transfer the ice cream base to a metal 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, then wrap the entire pan in plastic wrap. The metal keeps the ice cream super cold.
Alternatively, place into individual paper pint containers and seal tight.
The ice cream sets up in about 6 hours, but feel free to make it the night before.
Stored tightly wrapped, it will keep its flavor and integrity for up to 3 months in the freezer.
More Ice Cream Recipes //
- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Vegan Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- Kit Kat Ice Cream
- Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Terrine
- White Dream Ice Cream
No Churn Salted Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 Tablespoons vodka
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form using the whisk attachment on your electric mixer.
- Add vanilla, vodka, cinnamon, salt, and whisk until combined.
- Remove from mixer and gently fold in sweetened condensed milk. Be careful not to deflate the cream.
- Gently spoon the mixture into a loaf pan or individual paper containers with a lid. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.