From a viral TikTok trend, to a super creative touch in your day; this Peanut Butter Board is perfect for any occasion. A smooth mouthfeel topped with crunchy, sweet additions. My tongue couldn’t resist, can yours?
Why You Will Love This Recipe
There’s undoubtedly a buzz around “Butter Boards” as the best thing happened since a charcuterie board. (Are you a fan of charcuterie boards? Make sure to check out the Caramelized Onion and Garlic Jam and Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Nuts). Peanut Butter Boards appeared as the ‘’sweet” alternative, where limitless ingredient and pattern combinations make a board rival of a painting. Shall we get into a creative mood, don’t you think?
The principle here is simple. You cover a board in a layer of peanut butter. You select different toppings. You use bread, crackers or biscuits to scoop it up. That’s it, just perfect! I personally welcomed peanut butter in my life after moving abroad. From spreading my toasted bread for breakfast, to devouring full scoops from the jar during night cravings; it became an inseparable part of my diet. If you feel the same, don’t forget to try the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
This playful Peanut Butter Board will make you forget that peanut butter is only a spread or cake ingredient. Yum!
- 1-1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup streusel topping (see Tips & Tricks)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Graham crackers, Teddy Grahams, or other cookies and crackers, for serving
- Step 1: On a marble or wooden serving platter, spread peanut butter thinly and evenly, allowing space around the sides for your dippers. Swirl the peanut butter with the back of a spoon to create nooks and crannies for the toppings to rest in.
- Step 2: Drizzle the honey over the peanut butter. Sprinkle with streusel topping, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips.
- Step 3: Serve the peanut butter cookie board with graham crackers and teddy grahams, filling in the edges of the board around the peanut butter center.
Tips & Tricks
- Serve this Peanut Butter Board with sliced fruit (such as apple or banana), pretzel sticks, butter crackers, or frozen mini pancakes or waffles.
- Look for peanut butter that isn’t too runny. Some brands contain added oils or sugar, which helps keep its shape and the sweetness reinforces the peanut butter cookie flavors.
- Assemble this Peanut Butter Board up to a few hours before serving. You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days as long as you do not put fruits or dairy toppings on it.
- Vary the toppings according to your preferences. You can add sliced banana, fudge sauce, warmed fruit jam, or caramel sauce.
- For streusel topping, this streusel recipe works best. Omit spices, spread evenly on a baking sheet, and bake at 350˚ for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely before sprinkling over the peanut butter.
- If you don’t have homemade streusel on hand, substitute crushed peanut butter cookies, gingersnap cookies, or any other crumbled cookies.
Are peanut butter boards healthy //
Wise people out there suggest that everything in moderation is the key to balance in life. I believe it, don’t you? Peanut butter boards can definitely be healthy. Just note the following, and enjoy them without any worries.
- Play with different textures (soft and crunchy). That way you don’t have to add an extreme amount of sugar to make it more appealing. It’s not me, it’s brain science speaking!
- Choose peanut butter brands without any unhealthy ingredients. Think of added sugars, vegetable oils, trans fat and preservatives.
- Sprinkle fruit pieces and spices on your board.
- Substitute the queen of sweetness. How can you do that? Think of honey and agave syrup instead.
- Choose pure dark chocolate chips, as they contain less fat/sugar compared to the regular ones.
Can I eat peanut butter on a keto diet //
If you follow a low carbohydrate, high fat ketogenic (keto) diet, peanut butter can be added into your eating plans. It is moderately low in carbs, it contains fibre and healthy fat. However, to properly enjoy it make sure you choose natural and unsweetened peanut butter brands so it won’t count on any extra carb intake. Also, it is important to be mindful of how much you eat, to maintain ketosis in your body. Choose an easy way to track your portion sizes as with peanut butter it is quite easy that you overeat. In case you still doubt if peanut butter is the right ingredient for your board, I also suggest you almond butter as an alternative that is lower in carbs.
Can you make peanut butter boards gluten free //
Yes, you can enjoy this Peanut Butter Board in a gluten-free version. How can you do that? Let’s start with the fact that peanut butter is naturally gluten-free. It is important though for you to check if your favorite brand has the gluten-free label. Keep in mind that some brands may be processed in facilities that process wheat. When you choose a peanut butter brand, make sure you consider any potential risk for cross-contamination. And how can you scoop the peanut butter? You can pair the Peanut Butter board with slices of gluten-free bread, cookies and crackers. There are plenty of great options in the market, or you could go for making your own. If you are into a gluten-free diet, try our amazing Gluten-free Blueberry Crisp as well!