Posted by Bakedbreehttps://bakedbree.com/perfect-stovetop-popcorn
© 2014 Baked Bree. All rights reserved.
cup coconut oil (or canola)
cup popcorn kernels
Tablespoons butter, melted
teaspoons sea salt
- Add the coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels to a large pot. (I use my Dutch oven.)
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat until all 3 kernels pop.
- Take the three kernels out of the pot.
- Add the rest of the popcorn kernels.
- Cover and take the pot off of the heat.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Put the pot back on the heat. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally until the popping slows down.
- After about 2 minutes, and the popping has slowed down, take the lid off of the pot. This lets the steam out and keeps the popcorn crisp.
- While the popcorn is popping, melt the butter and add the honey.
- Pour over the popcorn and sprinkle with salt. Toss until completely coated. You could also do this in a large paper bag.