I do a lot of grocery shopping. More than the average person I would guess. I really like to go late at night. The store is quiet, and it can be a very relaxing experience. I like to stop by the Starbucks when I walk in and grab a white chocolate soy mocha and shop in peace. It is a treat. But since I shop so much, I can’t do it all the time, it is an expensive habit. So I have figured out how to make it at home, and you know what? I cannot tell the difference.
I have a bad habit of making a cup of coffee and forgetting about it. I have good intentions of drinking it right away, and 2 hours later, I find it still on the counter. I do this a few times a day. The nice people at Thermos sent me a travel mug that keeps hot drinks hot for 5 hours, and cold drinks cold for 9 hours. I can say with certainty that it does in fact keep hot drinks hot for 5 hours. Now, I make my drink before I leave for the store and it stays hot until I finish it, instead of me having to toss it.
This cup would make a great gift, and might be making an appearance in many a Christmas care package this year.
Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of crushed peppermint. If you are heading out the door, or even if you aren’t, keep it warm in a Sipp by Thermos travel mug. No more cold coffee!Print
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons white chocolate sauce
- 1 Tablespoon peppermint syrup
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermint
- Heat the milk with a steamer or in the microwave. Add the white chocolate syrup.
- Add the peppermint syrup and froth. I use a cheap frother, but I am asking Santa for a real one.
- Pour the hot milk mixture into the hot coffee or espresso.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of crushed peppermint.
This is a sponsored post from Thermos, but all opinions are 100% my own.