It was a doozy today. The first really hot day of summer. When it is hot like this, I do not want to turn on my oven, I barely even want to cook. But alas, we need to eat. Pasta salad is the way to go. It is easy, you can use whatever you have in your fridge, and it lasts for a few days. Leftovers make a great lunch. This version is a play on the classic BLT. Crispy bacon, tomatoes, ranch-inspired vinaigrette, served on a bed of butter lettuce. This pasta salad was so good, everyone loved it (which is no easy feat) and will be on heavy rotation all summer. Perfect for picnics, barbecues, and your 4th of July celebration.
I was asked to be a part of Dreamfields 3rd Annual Pastapalooza Pasta Salad Celebration, and I immediately said yes. I love Dreamfields. Dreamfields is an all-natural pasta with 5g of fiber, with only 5g of digestible carbohydrates per serving and a very low glycemic index. I don’t eat pasta very often, but Dreamfields lets me do so and feel good about it. You would never know the difference.
1 box Dreamfields Rotini
1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped herbs (basil, parsley, dill, chives, and oregano)
1 cup butter lettuce, torn
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves, minced
generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box Dreamfields Rotini
- ½ pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped herbs (basil, parsley, dill, chives, and oregano)
- 1 cup butter lettuce, torn
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- scant 1½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. Add vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil until combined. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and pour half of the vinaigrette over warm pasta. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add bacon, tomatoes, cheese, and herbs. Toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette if needed. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper. Serve on a bed of butter lettuce.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Dreamfields pasta. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are 100% my own.