My son’s favorite restaurant is California Pizza Kitchen. When given the option, it is always his first choice. I can think of worse places to have to go when my children are given the option of where we eat. The last time we visited CPK, we were alarmed. They took our favorite pizza off of the menu! The Buffalo Chicken Pizza at CPK was a treat. It was just spicy enough, had a great crust, and the best sauce for dipping. It was a ranch blue cheese dipping sauce that was perfect to cool off your mouth. I tried to recreate a version, and I have to say, this version is pretty delicious. I did not make the dipping sauce, but next time, I will give it a go. It satisfied our Buffalo Chicken Pizza craving and cost significantly less than the CPK version.
I also used a Boboli crust because I was in a hurry to get dinner ready. It works in a pinch, but I much prefer a homemade crust. If you are using a Boboli, give it a little toast before you add the sauce and toppings.
pizza crust (storebought or homemade)
2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Franks’s)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon grill seasoning
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 grated carrot
1 celery stick, chopped
3 green onions
- pizza crust (storebought or homemade)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Franks’s)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 3 green onions
- Make the sauce by melting the butter and combining the hot sauce, tomato sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and grill seasoning.
- Spread some of the sauce on the pizza crust. Add some of the chicken.
- Top with the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add grated carrot, celery, and green onions.
- Scatter some blue cheese on the top.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes. The cheese will be melted and the crust will be brown.