As you can see, my sweet little spot on the Internet has gotten a facelift. It was time to make a change and I was overjoyed to work with two people again (the same duo that created the new look for The Creative Mama) that make this process so easy and enjoyable. Jane Johnson of Jane Johnson Photography and Design made me this gorgeous new logo. Working with Jane is amazing because she is good at knowing what I want, even when I do not know exactly. I knew that I wanted to incorporate lemons into my new brand somehow, and Jane made me the perfect new logo. Lemons are one of my very favorite flavors, and it reflects everything that I want this space to be. Clean and fresh. I also got work with Courtney Kirkland again. She is a brilliant web designer and wonderful to work with. Courtney is a saint for dealing with me, as I do not speak web design. But she can take my idea, and make it work. Both women are a pleasure. Thank you both so much.
In the meantime, things might be a little off center, or not work perfectly, but we are fixing it and working out all of the kinks.
I also signed on to work with Tarte Creative Marketing, an all female marketing and advertising firm. Together, we are coming up with new ways to share content and to grow this web space. I am really excited about what is to come, and the projects that are in the works. I hope that you will join me on this journey, because without you, I would not have made it this far. This space is my home, and I love sharing my kitchen and my life with you.
And the cupcakes aren’t bad either.
To celebrate the launch of my new lemon inspired web space, I created a lemon and thyme scented cupcake with a honey whipped cream. This cupcake is a gentle mix of sweet and savory, and a beautiful way to end a meal. Made with olive oil and Meyer lemon, it is fancy and homey at the same time.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Meyer lemon zest
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, mix together flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and lemon zest to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat the eggs on medium to medium high speed until they are pale and fluffy.
- Add the milk and olive oil.
- Add the flour mixture and thyme. Mix until just combined.
- Line a 12-muffin pan with paper liners. Fill about ⅔ of the way. Sprinkle with a few thyme leaves for decoration.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18 to 22 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- Make the honey cream by whipping the heavy cream with a mixer until the cream begins to thicken. Add the lemon juice, honey (to taste), and vanilla. Continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- I cut my cupcakes in half, and filled them with cream. Like a little cake sandwich.