Grilled Peach and Avocado Salad is healthy, refreshing and tastes delicious. It is made with grilled peaches, sliced avocados, arugula, tossed in sweet and tangy vinaigrette. It is the perfect dish for a warm day.
This salad is probably my favorite thing that I have made all summer. I had no idea when the idea came into my head that this salad would be even a fraction of the amazing that it is. Baby mozzarella, grilled avocados, and grilled peaches, with lots of fresh herbs. I had every intention of adding some grilled chicken, but I forgot all about it, I was eating this salad, Grilled Peach and Avocado Salad, out of the bowl over the kitchen sink.
Why You Will Love This Salad //
- It is healthy, refreshing and ready in minutes.
- The bites of basil and parsley pop in your mouth.
- I love using fresh herbs as a salad green. It just adds such a brightness that cuts the bitterness of the arugula.
- I had never grilled an avocado before, but I love what the grill does not only to the color, but it adds a touch of smokiness that is just perfect with everything else going on in this salad.
- This salad is vegetarian and relatively low in net carbs.
Grilled Peach and Avocado Salad Ingredients //
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 4 peaches (I like my peaches on the firm side)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup mozzarella pearls or fresh mozzarella diced
How to Make // The Steps
Step 1: Whisk together the Dijon, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stream in the olive oil while whisking. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, toss together the baby arugula, basil leaves, and parsley. Add the baby mozzarella. Put in the fridge.
Step 3: Preheat your grill to medium heat. Slice the peaches and remove the pit. Slice the avocado and brush both with olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Place the peaches and the avocados slice side down on the grill. Grill for a few minutes, you want some grill lines on the fruit. but you do not want them to turn to mush.
Step 5: Take the fruit off of the grill. Look how gorgeous the heat from the grill made the avocado. I want to eat this again right now.
Step 6: Slice the peaches and avocado and add to the salad bowl. Drizzle the dressing over. Toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper.