So far May has been a whirlwind. In a good way, but it is flying by. A few weeks ago, I went to Dole, and this week, I went to Minneapolis to visit General Mills International Headquarters. If you ever would have told me that this blog would have given me so many amazing opportunities, I would never have believed you. But it truly has. I have met so many interesting people, acquired skills that I never knew I possessed, and visited some truly inspiring places. Life is good.
The first night on the Dole trip, there was a really nice cocktail party for all of us to get to know each other. These pineapple arugula mojitos blew us all away. So fresh and light, they could very easily get you in trouble. I never would have thought to put arugula in a cocktail, but it completely works. This my friends, is the summer cocktail of 2012.
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup Dole Arugula
2 limes, cut into 8 wedges
1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 (6-ounce) cans Dole pineapple juice
2 cups light rum
Peel and core pineapple. Cut into chunks, and reserve 8 pieces. Puree the rest of the pineapple in a food processor or blender. In a large pitcher, add mint, arugula, limes, and brown sugar.
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Dole Arugula
- 2 limes, cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ to ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 (6-ounce) cans Dole pineapple juice
- 2 cups light rum
- club soda
- Peel and core pineapple. Cut into chunks, and reserve 8 pieces. Puree the rest of the pineapple in a food processor or blender. In a large pitcher, add mint, arugula, limes, and brown sugar.
- Crush the leaves with a spoon, muddle it really well.
- Add pureed pineapple, pineapple juice, and rum. Add a good splash of club soda.
- Pour over ice, and garnish with pineapple chunk, mint, and more limes.