I am so late to the Biscoff party. And for that, I deeply apologize.
A few months ago, you couldn’t go anywhere in the food blog world and not see Biscoff something or other. What is Biscoff you ask? It is like peanut butter in consistency, but it a spread made from ground cookies. If you have ever flown Delta, it is the spicy cookie that they give you with your Diet Coke. It is sort of like what peanut butter is to Americans, and nutella is to Italians. It is called Speculoos in some European countries, you can call it whatever you want, I just call it heaven in a jar.
I have found it in my regular grocery store, but Traders Joes makes a speculoos spread, and I always have been able to get it at World Market. If you have never tried it, do yourself a favor and pick up a jar.
These cupcakes are a great way to showcase this delicious product. These cupcakes are unique in that the tops harden a bit like a cookie, while the bottom is soft like a cupcake. I found these cute fall colored chocolate candies at Cracker Barrel of all places, and have been puttin them on everything to get into the mood for fall.
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Biscoff
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Biscoff spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Biscoff
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter, Biscoff, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Add the milk.
- Line 12 muffin cups with liners. Divide batter evenly into cups.Bake for 17 to 20 minutes. The top will be firm like a cookie, and the inside will be soft like a cake. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the buttercream, cream together butter and Biscoff. Slowly add powdered sugar. Add cream and vanilla and beat until very light and fluffy. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and add decorations if you like.