I am late to the party for so many things. I have recently discovered Game of Thrones. I am officially hooked and incapable of doing much else until I finish one more episode of Season 1 and finish all of Season 2. I even went so far as to bring my iPad to the gym today and watched an episode while I ran on the treadmill. I will say that it may have been helpful because I kept running long after my distance was covered, I didn’t want to just stand there on a treadmill and not move. But I couldn’t leave without knowing how the episode ended. Maybe I am on to something. Hmmm…
I found a recipe similar to this one on from The Enchanted Cook ( I am sure that you have seen it floating around Pinterest), but I do not eat mayo, so I made mine with sour cream and added fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon zest. I have made this chicken so many times in the last few months. It is ridiculously easy, and while not the most attractive thing that I make, it tastes amazing. Everyone at my table loves this chicken recipe and it is a keeper. You do not need anything more than a side of veggies or a simple salad.
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream
1 clove minced garlic
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons Borsari salt (or 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper)
1 Tablespoon chopped chives
2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Borsari salt (or 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Mix together sour cream, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, chives, and parsley in a small bowl. Mix the panko crumbs into the sour cream mixture.
- Spread the sour cream over the top of the chicken breasts. Cover with Parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, and the cheese is golden brown.