I saw this recipe bouncing around on my beloved Pinterest, and knew that I had to try it. I love anything with brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. I am so glad that I did. I cannot think of an easier, more perfect meal for the crazy first days of school. The pork cooks in a slow cooker with some salt, pepper, crushed garlic, and ground sage with a little water for 6 to 8 hours. A hour before it is done, you make a super quick glaze, pour half over the roast and serve the remaining glaze alongside the pork when it is finished. The sauce is dark and rich, sweet and savory. My son ate four helpings of this pork. It was a huge hit, and will be on heavy rotation this fall. I roasted some sweet potatoes with a little taco seasoning and a small salad. A perfect, simple meal.
This little monkey went to Kindergarten today. I do not know where the time went. I swear that she just came home in a pink blanket, swaddled, and screaming. She cried a lot. You would never know it looking at her sweet little face now would you? She was so excited to get to school and could care less that she was leaving me. She literally skipped into school. I know that is how we want them to be, independent and strong, but she didn’t even turn around to wave. My day is done. She came home (she walked home by herself with her brother!) the most excited I have ever seen her. It was adorable.
My handsome son started the 2nd grade today. He had a little apprehension, afraid that he would not make any friends, he would get lost, but he had an awesome day. He came home happy and in a great mood. Will is super smart, but does not love going to school. Today was encouraging. I hope that the rest of the days are like this. We love the new school and are blessed with great teachers.
1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground dried sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
Serve with the remaining glaze. The original recipe comes from here.
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin
- 1 teaspoon ground dried sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix together sage, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Rub the mixture over the pork. Add it to the slow cooker and pour ½ cup water in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- One hour before the pork is cooked, put the brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic, water, and soy sauce in a sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a bubble over medium heat. It will get thick.
- Pour half of the glaze over the pork. Reserve the rest to serve alongside.
- Cook the pork for another hour.
- Shred the pork with a fork. It will fall apart, it is so tender.
- Serve with the remaining glaze.